Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Books 2014, I Think. Maybe 2013?

The truth is I began reading Three Cups of Tea last fall. I tried and tried and tried. I honestly gave that book too many tries. I finally quit. I hate quitting books, but I did it all the same. It was holding me back from, you know, reading.

Husband bought me a "quick read" for vacation, Panopticon. It was a quick read indeed. And it was further evidence that if I had any interest in the story of Three Cups of Tea (because that's what I kept telling myself...I'm interested in the story. I just hate the writing), then I would have read it much quicker. The truth is the cover sucked me in. It really is a beautiful cover.

The Glass Castle came up in a conversation while at an accidental mom's night out that was actually a birthday celebration. It was all mom's there and some of us had never met. I was quiet, but I listened a lot. Everyone has a story. Everyone. I always tell my neighbor she needs to write a book about her life. Well, I'm telling you now, too. Write a story about your life.

Anywho, The Glass Castle came up in conversation because a couple of the ladies had read it and a couple of the ladies have parents that can't quite get their shit together and it reminded the other ladies of the book. That might sound harsh, but I'm just re-telling a story I heard. We all can't get our shit together sometimes, but then we do and life goes on. Either way, the book is pretty good.

Then there was Ghost MapGhost Map = people drinking poopy water. That is all.


2 comments:

  1. LOL. I hate it when I have to quit a book, too. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading Wildwood now (a test to see if it's too old for my 5 yo - probably), but I think it'll be due back to the library before I finish. That's totally different than quitting though!

      Delete