Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Farm Food: Week VII

Here's last week's haul from our CSA pickup at Dancing Roots Farm:

eggplant
summer squash
peppers
basil
tomatoes
onion
yellow beans
beets
lettuce
cucumbers


Chocolate beet cake...not as good as it sounds. To be fair, I messed with the recipe a little by reducing the sugar (which I do for most sweet things) and switching out some of the flour for almond meal. I don't keep bakers chocolate in the house, so I also subbed in a cocoa powder/butter mix. I could re-make this cake to taste really good, but it would require more butter, sugar, chocolate and eggs. So basically a whole different recipe. Womp, womp.


Now this pasta dish was divine. Whole wheat spaghetti, sautéed veggies (onion, garlic, eggplant and summer squash), steamed broccoli, quick homemade tomato sauce, a sprinkle of mozzarella and more than a few cracks of pepper. YUM! So good. All we were missing was bread.

I'm gonna' give baked beet chips a try tomorrow. I hope they turn out tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment