Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Garden Bed

Four yards of soil.
Sod removal.
Planted - looking sparse now. Just wait a year.
Yup. Another front garden. But, I was just balancing out my work from last year. If you need some sod removed, don't ask me to help. 

Neighbor: What are you doing with all that dirt?
Me: Oh, you know, topping off the garden beds.
Neighbor: Just you? With a wagon?
Me: Uhh...yeah.
Neighbor: Well. Good luck with your gardening. 

That pretty much sums it up. Good luck. Four yards of dirt is a lot. But it's the right amount, because I measured and calculated how much I needed. It's just taking me a month to move it all.

4 comments:

  1. You can never have too many garden beds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And every garden bed is less lawn to mow!

      Delete
  2. Amen to Julia's comment - and your reply. Love that your parking strip is planted. I wish our front yard was level with the street like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sooo much better. I'll need to edit some things soon. I don't have enough summer blooms out there.

      Delete