We've been getting stuff started around here. And someday we'll finish those things that we've started. Here's a sneak peak at a few projects that will eventually be shown in more detail.
1. Play structure built from scrap lumber.
2. Brick transition from driveway to gravel path in the backyard.
3. It's a baby bell pepper!
4. Sideyard lawn smothering project.
5. Pile-o-potatos? Nope. Rocks from digging in the front yard.
6. Another new front garden/lawn smothering project.
Why have we been so productive this year compared to last year? I think it all comes down to two things:
1. We have a three year old instead of a two year old. We just let the dog babysit her now. She's even allowed to pee in the back yard.
And 2. There really isn't a wrong way to do yard projects, so it's easy to make decisions and move forward. Last year we were working on the back hall, and we were very conscientious about not wanting to mess it up (imagine the word mess to start with the letter "f" and end with the last three letters of the word luck). We really, really didn't want to, ahem, mess it up.