In real life we jackhammered away the back steps this weekend. It sure took a lot of energy. Nate did all the work on Saturday, while I corralled the kid and the dog. I did manage to mow the lawn, too. On Sunday we awoke to a huge pile of fill as well as all the concrete chunks from the steps to relocate. Together we moved it all away from the house. After offering up the concrete for free on Craigslist with no takers, we decided to use the material to build some planters for flowers.
There was so much dry rot on the west end of the back hall that Nate had to add a few temporary posts. We continue to use the space to access the basement (laundry), but we (I) walk very carefully and away from the edges. We didn't have time to get to the gutters and electrical over the weekend. But we are one step closer to having the contractor step in for a bit.